Mormon Moms for Vegetarian, Vegan and Raw Cooking!

This blog is intended to be a support for anyone who desires to make the vegetarian, vegan {and or} raw food diet change. Whether you want to drastically change to a completely raw diet or just add a few more vegetarian meals to your weekly menu, we are here for you! It doesn't matter who you are or why you want to make the change. We want to share our love, support, tips, testimonies and - recipes - to make your life easier, happier and healthier!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

{Vegan} BBQ Sandwiches

I don't know about you but when I smell summer in the air it's usually because I smell a BBQ. I've been wanting to grill something or smother something in BBQ sauce ever since it started heating up outside. But when it came to a menu I was coming up BLANK.

I am bound and determined to come up with many summer BBQ favorites for my family's vegetarian diet. Here is my first recipe and lucky for you - it's a SUPER simple one!

{Vegan} BBQ Sandwiches

2 packages of chicken seitan, roughly chopped
1 small onion, thinly sliced
tad bit of olive oil
about 1 - 1 1/2 cups of favorite HOMEMADE BBQ Sauce

1. Heat a tiny bit of oil in pan and then add onion. Cook until almost caramelized.
2. Add seitan and toss together with onion.
3. Turn heat down to low and add BBQ sauce. Let cook about 20 minutes stirring every so often.

Serve on vegan whole grain buns with a summer salad and a big slice of watermelon - or whatever you want...I just think that sounds great!

p.s. if you are wondering what I'm talking about when I say chicken seitan, this is what mine looks like:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...