Mormon Moms for Vegetarian, Vegan and Raw Cooking!

This blog is intended to be a support for anyone who desires to make the vegetarian, vegan {and or} raw food diet change. Whether you want to drastically change to a completely raw diet or just add a few more vegetarian meals to your weekly menu, we are here for you! It doesn't matter who you are or why you want to make the change. We want to share our love, support, tips, testimonies and - recipes - to make your life easier, happier and healthier!

Monday, September 12, 2011

Latest Prego Craving

We've relocated. Did I mention that? We have moved to Utah. Honestly, I'm a little devastated to leave my beautiful state of Pennsylvania but I am happy to be where I know the Lord wants my family to be.

We are staying with my mom and dad while we are waiting for our apartment to be ready. Most wonderful thing about staying here is: my moms garden tomatoes. OH MY GOODNESS!!! THEY ARE SO GOOD! I have dreamed and dreamed of having my own little garden, but it's hard in apartments...Anyway, we have been enjoying tomatoes and beets from her garden as well as nectarines and pears from her many fruit trees. Oh it's been delicious being here at moms.

I've had the same thing for lunch every single day for the past week and every day its just as good as the last time. This pregnancy has not been kind to me or my vegetarian appetite, but this lunch sandwich is definitely making up for a lot of that.

The {C}-{L}-{T}

Two slices of your favorite whole grain bread
mayo, to taste
cheddar cheese, as much as you like
1 garden fresh tomato, thickly sliced
crisp cold lettuce
salt and pepper to taste

1. Spread mayo over your two slices of bread. Lay cheese on top of mayo.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of tomato slices and then layer them on one of the pieces of bread.
3. Top with lettuce and remaining piece of bread.
4. Cut in half.

Serve with sliced strawberries and even some sun chips if you'd like. ENJOY!

p.s. I took a risk and made one of these (expect with thinly sliced tomato) for my 2 year old this afternoon and he ate the entire thing! It was then that I realized, maybe this sandwich is actually good and not just good to my pregnant self. It's a simple one but a good one.

One last thing: any readers of this blog know of any great homebirth/birth center midwives in or around the Salt Lake area? I'm in the market....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...