Mormon Moms for Vegetarian, Vegan and Raw Cooking!

This blog is intended to be a support for anyone who desires to make the vegetarian, vegan {and or} raw food diet change. Whether you want to drastically change to a completely raw diet or just add a few more vegetarian meals to your weekly menu, we are here for you! It doesn't matter who you are or why you want to make the change. We want to share our love, support, tips, testimonies and - recipes - to make your life easier, happier and healthier!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

{Flaxseed} Crunchy Peanut Butter

A while back I was at a play group and a friend was telling me about this specialty peanut butter she had received as a gift. She said it was "healthy peanut butter with flax seed" and asked if I wanted to try it. Uh, you don't have to ask me twice. Let me tell you it was the best peanut butter I'd ever had. The peanut butter was smooth and rich (but not sweet) and then it had this awesome flax seedy crunch. It was amazing. Now I make my own version of it since I have never been able to find it in a store.

{Flax Seed Crunchy} Peanut Butter

15 oz shelled and skinned roasted peanuts
1/4 - 1/3 cup flax seeds
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp of honey or agave
up to 3 TBS of peanut oil (if desired)

1. Place peanuts, flax seeds, salt, honey or agave in the bowl of a food processor. Process for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then process more until smooth while drizzling in the oil if desired. Place the peanut butter in an air tight container and store in the fridge for up to 2 months.

ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...