Mormon Moms for Vegetarian, Vegan and Raw Cooking!

This blog is intended to be a support for anyone who desires to make the vegetarian, vegan {and or} raw food diet change. Whether you want to drastically change to a completely raw diet or just add a few more vegetarian meals to your weekly menu, we are here for you! It doesn't matter who you are or why you want to make the change. We want to share our love, support, tips, testimonies and - recipes - to make your life easier, happier and healthier!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Kid Friendly Breakfast

(forgive this poor excuse of a picture)

Freddy loves eggs. He still asks for them in the mornings sometimes so the other morning I wanted to give him something that I felt good about but also something he would think was a treat. I started looking to see what I had and this is what I came up with.

Freeze Dried Apple Slices
Raisins
Sweet Cereal
Almond milk

You don't want to just fill up a bowl with sugar cereal and call it good. Choose a sweet cereal your kids like but that is still made with all whole grains and doesn't have sugar as the 2nd ingredient. I chose this CinnaSnap one and tossed a tiny bit of the cinnamon-y "snaps" into a bowl and added the dried apple slices and the raisins. I tossed them all up so that everything had a little bit of cinnamon coating and gave him a tall sippy cup full of ice cold almond milk to go with it. He thought he was getting a "nack" for breakfast. Snacks around here are a special treat, (since he has never been the best eater and I always try to feed him when I know for sure he's hungry). I know not all kids think of snacks as a treat but I think most kids like sweet dry cereal. Serve this with a piece of whole wheat toast with a little cinnamon sprinkle on top and your kids will love you!
(another bad picture - but he's very excited. I promise!)

*Dear Beloved Readers of The Vegetarian Tree,

Did you like this post? Do you have a comment or question? Let us know! Comments help us know what you want to read about. Don't be shy, we want to hear from you! Also, if you like this post share it with your friends using the sharing toolbar at the bottom of the post!

LOVE - Amy & Ronda*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...