Mormon Moms for Vegetarian, Vegan and Raw Cooking!

This blog is intended to be a support for anyone who desires to make the vegetarian, vegan {and or} raw food diet change. Whether you want to drastically change to a completely raw diet or just add a few more vegetarian meals to your weekly menu, we are here for you! It doesn't matter who you are or why you want to make the change. We want to share our love, support, tips, testimonies and - recipes - to make your life easier, happier and healthier!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year 2012

I don't know about you, but as soon as the holiday food clears out of my refrigerator, the first thing I want to do is get back to my basics. For me this would be a crock pot full of beans. This year I could tell that my children were also delighted to get back to the hearty filling food of vegetables and grains.

Last night we had a great meal of vegetable fajitas soaked in lime juice and olive oil with cumin, oregano, salt, and cayenne pepper then broiled on high a for a few minutes. We rounded this out with salty beans, avocados, corn tortillas, lettuce, and this fun Chipotle restaurant knock off Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe. It was DIVINE! My little chickies marched off to their long day of school today with cilantro rice and bean burritos all snug in their lunch box.

I hope you can find a night next week to enjoy the flavorful cilantro and lime rice with people you love.

Cilantro Lime Rice
Found on Food.Com adjusted to my liking :0)
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
2/3 cup brown basmati rice (Soak and Rinse for less nuttiness)
2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 lime
2 tsp better than bullion chickenless chicken flavor
Directions:
1In a 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil over low heat, stirring occasionally.
2Add rice and lime juice, stir for 1 minute.
3Add water, bullion, and salt, bring to a full rolling boil.(Some people have had success with 1 cup of water, but when I've made it with 2 it worked for me).
4At boiling, cover, turn down to simmer over low heat until rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
5Add in the cilantro and fluff rice with a fork.

Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/chipotle-copycat-lime-rice-recipe-147335#ixzz1ibQWuah8

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...