Mormon Moms for Vegetarian, Vegan and Raw Cooking!

This blog is intended to be a support for anyone who desires to make the vegetarian, vegan {and or} raw food diet change. Whether you want to drastically change to a completely raw diet or just add a few more vegetarian meals to your weekly menu, we are here for you! It doesn't matter who you are or why you want to make the change. We want to share our love, support, tips, testimonies and - recipes - to make your life easier, happier and healthier!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Creamy Mushroom Pasta {Vegetarian}

Are you addicted to Pinterest like I am? Seriously...I may have a problem.

Anyway, I tried a recipe I found on there and it turned out great. Thought I'd share since I haven't posted in so long.

Creamy Mushroom Pasta
original recipe found here

1 - 2 TBS olive oil
1 container of sliced mushrooms (you know...those little blue saran wrapped containers? I can't remember how many oz are in there...)
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced (OK - I used 4 coves - I love garlic)
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1 1/2 cup cream
1 - 2 tsp dried dill
14 - 16 oz of whole grain pasta
salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese to taste

1. Boil salted water and cook pasta until al dente.
2. While pasta is cooking heat oil in saute pan on medium high heat. Saute mushrooms, onion and garlic until onions get really soft.
3. Add broth, cream and dill. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Taste - and season with salt and pepper.
4. Drain pasta and add to creamy mushroom sauce. Toss and let the pasta soak up the sauce.
5. Serve and let each person add some Parmesan cheese to taste.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...