Pasta with Peas, Smoked Almonds and Dill
original recipe HERE
- 16 oz. small dry pasta (ditalini, macaroni)
- 10 oz. fresh or frozen sweet peas
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped dill
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup chopped smoked almonds
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 5 Tb. olive oil
- 2 Tb. dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Two minutes before it’s ready, add the peas to the boiling water.
- Once the peas have warmed through, drain the pasta and peas.
- Pour the pasta with peas into a large bowl and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, whisk the lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, and oil together in a small bowl. Add 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta and mix well.
- Add the dill and green onions and toss.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with smoked almonds.
I made just a couple of very minor changes to this. First, after the first time I made it I wanted a little more dressing so I just used an overflowing TBS measurement while making the dressing and it was perfect. I also used about 2 TBS of dried dill instead of fresh once and didn't notice a difference in the flavor at all. Oh and I barely salted and peppered it the second time and I liked it a little better.